Thursday, December 11

Two Dances! one Night!

Wow I guess this is just going to be come a trend or somthing, at least I'm not posting this the night of the dance, yet... 11:30ish probably pretty much is the next day huh? Well I can promise you that the next dance WILL be posted a few days ahead because I know when it is! anyway, we got two dances going on at the same time! Go figure! Luckily one is in Rexburg and one in Idaho falls so you won't feel as torn in deciding.

First one,
QuickFo!
What? Christmas Fundraiser Ball
When? Friday December 12th 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm
Price? Individual: $2.50, Couple: $5.00, Family $20.00
Phone? (208)356-7379 Nicole Roberts
Food? Selling holiday treats so bring some change!
Dress? Semi Formal (aka shirt and tie with slacks, nice skirt for girls)
Where? "Yellowstone Ballroom above the bed place on Main Street in Rexburg" they say, which I found out is: 59 E Main St Rexburg and "bed place" apparently is the name of the shop.

View Larger Map

My thoughts:
Looks pretty good, although it's a fair distance from my house to say the least! But maybe it's just up the ally for you. I don't know if this is a "ballroom" ball, that would probably be a good thing to find out, Sadly, I haven't heard much more than the E-mail I received. Also They say it's a fundraiser so hey, help people AND dance (dang, that's about the best deal I've ever heard!)



The Second Dance!
What? Mistletoe & Magic Dance
When? Dec 11, Instruction: 7pm-8pm Dance:8pm-11pm
Price? $5.00 per person +$1 for instruction (Take away $2 for students)
Kind? General Ballroom dance
Contact? info@dancetechstudio.com
Where? Dance Tech building behind Majestic Auto in Idaho Falls
Dress? Nice, I would guess semi-formal That's simply a guess, if you want fancyer I'm sure they would be tickled pink. Main thing, NO STREET SHOES (read more below)
NOTE: This map isn't exact, it's near, Look for majestic with purple letters and turn before the parking lot, if you go to the roundabout you've gone too far.

View Larger Map



My notes:
This should be fun, My guess it's aimed slightly more twards adults, they complained before of having teens who wheren't repsecting the property, which I think is code for running on their beautiful hardwood dance floors. They really won't tolerate anyone with sneekers or any dirty shoe on their floor, you may look at the bottom of your shoe, see no dirt, but they don't take it quite like that, they pretty much want shoes devoted strictly to dance or no shoes (that's my experiance and I do take a ballroom classes there)
ALSO

on a different note, I heard about a dance that is a maskerade ball at dance tech, january 9th 2009 (next month)
http://dtmasquerade.blogspot.com/

No comments: